Cavalcade of Dearborn
In 1950, the Commandant’s Quarters of the Detroit Arsenal was designated as the Dearborn Historical Museum. To celebrate this historic occasion, the Master Planning Committee devised a colorful event. The Cavalcade of Dearborn was meant to tell the birth and growth of Dearborn from it’s beginning as a farming community to its status as a major city in the mid century in the form of a parade and a pageant. After months of hard work from committee members, sponsors, and hundreds of volunteers, the Cavalcade was launched on October 12th and lasted until the 14th, just in time for the dedication ceremony of the museum. Here are some color slides and photographs of the event as seen by 30,000 people on the Cavalcade’s parade route.
Below is information on the schedule and those who participated in the Cavalcade, according to the official program: