From the Rouge River northward, Dearborn’s eastern border lies along the north and west bank of Baby Creek, a former stream that used to be home to a shipyard in the late 1700s and early 1800s. Portions of Baby Creek in the Patton Park area and northward were converted into underground sewers during the 1920s. The remainder of the creek was converted into a sewer during the 1960s. The creek became the border of what is now Dearborn after Detroit annexed the old communities of Delray and Woodmere in 1906.
North of Baby Creek, most of Dearborn’s eastern border was established with a 1916 annexation by Detroit of land designed to ensure several Springwells Township rural school districts were fully in the City of Dearborn. The line follows the western boundary of old Private Claim 40, an old French Style ribbon farm lot. At a point 163 ft south of Michigan Avenue’s center line, Dearborn’s border parallels Michigan Avenue until it reaches the west line of old Springwells Township section 9 (also known as Wyoming Street). From there it heads directly northward.
The northeastern section of Dearborn’s border is based upon the Detroit Terminal Railroad which was completed across the Detroit area as far as the Michigan Central Railroad in modern Dearborn in 1914. Officially from where Wyoming crosses the railroad to Tireman, Dearborn’s border lies 100 feet east of the western edge of that railroad’s right of way.