The Dearborn Police force pictured in 1955.
Loot seized from juvenile car strippers – June 6th 1950
Police traffic tower opposite the Ford Rouge Plant pictured in 1954
Article on Dearborn Police Traffic Control Towers
Public Safety Director Marguerite Johnson and police officers – ca, 1950s
During 1955, Dearborn became one of the first cities in the US to acquire dogs for use by its police department. While the program was popular, the initial experiment lasted only 10 months as it was deemed Dearborn didn’t have enough use for the dogs. The four dogs acquired by Dearborn were later sold to Portland Oregon.
Dearborn Police dog pictured in March 1955
Dearborn Police Dogs in May 1955
Magazine cover profiling the Dearborn Police canine division.
Dearborn Police Cars at Bob Ford Dealership on Michigan Ave – November 1952 Dearborn Police Cars at Hemlock Park – November 1952
Dearborn Police motorcycle unit pictured in July 1954
Dearborn Police Car at Ford Rotunda – April 1955 Dearborn Police Cars at Hemlock Park – April 1955
Michigan Avenue – May 5th 1956 Outer Drive – May 5th 1956
Police dragging for body of Gertrude Gatt – February 1957
New Dearborn Police Headquarters near Michigan and Greenfield that was completed in 1961
1969 Ford with C Series Cabover
Demonstrating use of new police and fire phone – June 1969